Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vintage is in style with me again!


As is my usual MO, I put together a wardrobe plan and as soon as it was posted, I changed my mind! LOL!!! But no guilt here, as it is totally typical of me, and a gazillion other sewists, when it comes to wardrobe plans.

I nixed the last plan because I am hooked on vintage again.

This is the fabric that is going to be the basis for my colors--it's a cotton print that cost me $1.50 a yard on clearance:


How vintage-y and kitschy is that??!!!

The salesclerk could not believe that anyone could like such an ugly fabric. But when she asked me what I was making with it, and I told her a 40s style halter, her demeanor completely changed. They wore a lot of fun prints like this one back in the 40s, and I guess she could see it in her head.

I'm not sure about the pattern I'll be using, but I'm leaning towards tweaking New Look 6699 to get the design that I want:



New Look 6699:






Green is not really my color, but since I have this green and white knit in my stash, I'm thinking about making a twinset with it:



I'm not sure about the cami part of the twinset, but I will probably make a grampy style cardi with a shawl collar from this pattern--copyrighted 1973:



The rest of the styles that I'll be adding to my wardrobe are still up in the air. I'm probably not going to sew any skirts, pants or shorts this time around as I have enough. I don't want to spend precious sewing time on things that I really don't need.

Unless I change my mind . . . again, that's what I'll be working on. :-)

Make this day a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment