Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Sewing

No pics of the actual garments, yet, but after not sewing anything for a while, I actually sat down and sewed. It was nice to find that even if I haven't been sewing much, I didn't lose my talent for quick sewing! :-)

I finished 4 things over the weekend--3 knit cardis and a pretty cotton sundress.

McCalls 6444--in a brown ribbed knit with the Simplicity 2601 trumpet cuffed sleeves:


Simplicity's Sew Simple 1961 with trumpet cuffed sleeves in a gray lightweight ribbed knit--it's the same DKNY cozy style as Simplicity 2601. Note that the pic on the Sew Simple pattern envelope shows this as the short version, but when you sew it, it is actually the long version:




Simplicity's Sew Simple 2206, which is a pared down version of OOP Simplicity 2560. I sewed this with the ruffled sleeves from S2560:



OOP Simplicity It's So Easy 2196 in a beautiful shade of emerald green--this is an unbelievably pretty dress when sewn up. If you are a proportioned petite, and like midriff styles, get this pattern! The midriff will land at your waist--you won't have to shorten it :




Up next will be this 40s vintage inspired New Look 6789 top:






And this 40s vintage inspired New Look 6966 dress--sewing it with a black-white-gray Hawaiian printed rayon:






I'll be back with pics of the actual garments later.

In the meantime, make this day a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I like all these patterns, and would love to sew up the last one to make a sultry 40s sundress.

    ReplyDelete