Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What To Wear With Shorts

I am still making the vintage inspired tops that I talked about recently, but I was looking at my wardrobe and was thinking about what to wear with shorts. I have a lot of RTW right now, so what I picked out are RTW pieces from my wardrobe.

A while back, I converted a Michael Kors knit top with sleeves to sleeveless. I didn't show you the 'after', so here it is.



After all of my adjustments, it fits me perfectly as a semi-fitted top!

It goes perfectly with white shorts!

I really like this style and have made it before. Right now, though, the only other one I have is another RTW in another brand. It's a solid emerald green and has embellishments on the yoke. I don't like this style when it's too loose fitting--they look sloppy on me. But when this style is semi-fitted, it's perfect!


I'd like to make a fitted woven version and am thinking about using New Look 6057. The yoke from this pattern is not too low, so it suits my taste perfectly:







The bright yellow Express top below also goes perfectly with white or khaki shorts. I love the ruffled body on this top. I definitely want another one of this style in my wardrobe, but not with the ruffled straps.





I will probably use McCalls 5853 as my base pattern. The pattern is drafted to have 3 wide layers, but I prefer the 4 narrower layers on my yellow top--when I sew this, I'll sew it with 4 layers.





I want to sew this style, too--an August Silk knit top with a silk tie in the same print. I haven't been wearing this top very much, as I don't like the colors. It's not flattering on me:






I want to make this style in brighter colors--New Look 6108 will probably work:





I also want to sew a sleeveless version of Simplicity's It's So Easy 1849:






And I want to sew the Butterick 3391 top with the asymmetrical neckline again:









New Look 6598 is something I'd like to make, too. I want to sew the sleeveless top with the wing collar:






And so the neverending, everchanging queue goes on! LOL!

Ok, I probably won't sew all of them, but I'll sew some of them. :-)

Janine--Yes, she appreciates what I sewed for her. I think my sewing for her might have inspired her to sew for herself. I hope so, as I'd like her to keep current.

Ruthie--I didn't sew any bottoms for her--the bottoms already in her wardrobe looked fine to me. All she really needed were good fitting tops and cardis in current styles. She has that now, so she is stylin'! :-)

Make this day a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment